Tuesday, October 29, 2002

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had time to post. This weekend I ran around so I could make it to the gym, game Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and go to a party Saturday night. It was a costume party and it was a lot of fun. There was a good mix of people I knew and people I didn't know. I was a little surprised when the English woman I met last winter showed up. I was worried that it would be awkward (like she'd blown me off and had no interest in talking to me again) but we ended up talking for an hour or so. I found out that her parents are coming to town for the same dates as my mom and grandma. Anyway, I asked if she'd like to go out again sometime and she said yes, so I'm going to contact her soon.

My goatee continues to reside on my face and people seem to like it. It's still very difficult for me to get used to, but I'm going to give it until next week sometime at the very least. I'm not sure what mom and gram will think. I'm tempted to keep it at least until they get here.

The gym is very, very frustrating. I was down a bit this weekend, but last night I was right back up. Argh.

A group of us have been playing a fair amount of Magic: The Gathering at work lately. It's been a lot of fun. Speaking of gaming, I have to go home tonight and work on a Buffy: The Vampire Slayer game for this Saturday. We wrapped up the Champions game and are moving onto a couple of shorter sessions as the holidays approach. I'm first on the list and I'll be running the new Buffy roleplaying game for the group. It should be fun. I have a neat idea that revolves around introducing other types of slayers to the world other than just vampire slayers. This allows other characters to be demon slayers, lycanthrope slayers, mage slayers, ghost slayers, etc. I'm going with "re"-introducing the demon slayer to the world.

I have to decide if I want the game to be set in Detroit (with Hell Night and all that fun) or New Orleans (with all it's mystical history (y'think 'mystery' is a combination of those words?). Seattle was also an option, but I think I like that for a mage slayer game. Either way, the location will have a Hellmouth of its very own to supply lots of monsters and problems.

Gotta go get some dinner and get to work. G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home