Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I wrote a bit last Thursday about how bad a day it was, but luckily the weekend worked out pretty well. Friday was a fine day at work. We had our monthly "Game Day" and I ended up mostly talking to people and doing some work, but I enjoyed the free pizza and a brief break. A bit later in the day I went to see The Return of the King down at Cinerama with a couple of guys from work. It ended around 7:30 and I have no clue what I did the rest of the night, but I think it may have involved dinner and a couple of games of Magic.

Saturday I made it to the gym for the first time in three weeks. I'll just let that sink in. Then I picked up comics, did laundry, got a haircut -- and, since I hadn't shaved in a week I did that. I even decided to keep a goatee again. I'd been thinking about it for a while and my lazy shaving habits helped me to decide. After all that I went with Jen to a party that (another) Jen and Hayes were throwing to celebrate Shane's return, Hayes' return, and whatever else people had to celebrate. It was a good time.

Sunday I got in touch with Matt and ended up playing some Magic with him and taking a walk around Bellevue instead of going to the gym. It wasn't quite as much activity as I would want out of something that was replacing a visit to the gym, but it was a beautiful day. Later on Sunday I got in touch with Jen and we went over to Katie, Kate, and Beth's for a cookout -- and then over to a Seattle bar to meet some of Jen's friends from work for drinks and dancing, although we did little of both.

Monday had me hard at work again, except for a couple of meetings, because I have to work on a new set of characters for my game line. I spent much of my available time on Monday and Tuesday clearing the way for real work the rest of the week. I should be able to start in earnest on the new set tomorrow. My plan is to put my headphones on and work like a madman to get everything done.

Monday evening Jen and I went to dinner with Shane, Cathy, Ethan, Shana, and Kian to an excellent sushi place and had a blast. It's a small restaurant and we were the only ones there, so we had a great time talking and joking and eating some of the best sushi I've found in the area. Ah, so fun. We all really have a great time together.

Today, Tuesday, I did the work mentioned above, had a long lunch meeting, and then for our weekly playtest session, played the Legend of the five Rings card game (I have a Ratling deck). I still have to figure out how to use the deck properly, but it's interesting -- if a bit frustrating. Those games ran long, so I finished some proofing at work, talked to Shane and Cathy for a bit, then came home, made dinner, watched the rest of The Gamers, and by "the rest of", I mean I finally finished watching all of the commentary tracks. Now I think I'm going to start on Comic Book: The Movie. I have no idea how it will be, but it could be fun.

Okay, I'm going to talk to Seth and start on the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home