Wednesday, October 20, 2004

V8 and 13

I forgot to mention the one thing about this diet that I ahve to force myself to do. V8. V8 is my bane. I've always hated it. But I've managed to drink some for breakfast Monday and Tuesday. If I keep this up longterm I'm definitely committed to this.

The significance of the number 13 in the headline of today's post refers to my eldest nephew's latest birthday. Wow is all I have to say. I was 22, just out of college, working at Pic-a-Book on State Street in Madison when he was born. It was also the first day of snow that year. It feels like yesterday and 13 years ago at the same time.

Anyway, Jake's 13. I'm going to have to write him a letter and let him in on some secrets that every teenager should know. Feel free to leave your advice in the comments thread and I'll pass them along.

I didn't play the regular Tuesday game tonight. Instead Matt and I went to Seth's for dinner. It was nice to sit and relax and not edit for a while. Then I went home and edited until 12:30. Whee! It seems to be going much faster lately, though. Definitely a good thing because I have about five pages of questions that need resolving and I still have 60 pages to go.

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2004 11:08 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Well, good news! Aimee is on South Beach (and loving it for the most part!), but she can't stand the V-8, either. So she just doesn't drink it.

The nice thing about SB is the flexibility. Aimee has made small alterations to hers to make it livavle for her. Add this, subtract that, etc. But always making sure it's balanced. Luckily there are a lot of low/no carb options to replace serious carbs.

The first two weeks is the hardest, so keep your chin up! Stage 2 has a lot more options. Contact me for more info, I think we have all the cookbooks! Most of the recipes make enough for 3 to 4 nights/lunches. Aimee swears by the steel cut oats for oatmeal and some strange oatmeal pancake she makes.

She's lost over 40 pounds since starting, and when she stalls (everyone stalls!) she'll bop back onto Stage 1 again for a few days, or up her exercise a little. It's been a nice, steady progression for her. (very fast at first, less so now.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home