Monday, October 25, 2004

More Sickness

I didn't sleep very well Sunday night and I still didn't feel well when I woke up, so I emailed the concerned parties at work and told them I'd be out today. I didn't feel like passing this around the office anymore than it already is -- and it apparently is going around because Beth told me that a lot of the office is out sick. I still have a fever, but hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow. Regardless, I think I'm going to work.

Anyway, I slept on-and-off until 12:30, then had breakfast and sat down to do some editing. It's about midnight now and I think I'm done for the day. I got a lot done today and I'm only 14 pages from being done.

I woke up to a pleasant surprise, for the first time in probably more than a decade, I weigh less than 300 lbs. That means I've lost 80 lbs. since my heaviest weight (that I know of) four years ago. Hopefully I can maintain some momentum and lose a bit more. If I get to 290 I'll weigh what I weighed, um 14 years ago during my Sophomore year of college. Crazy.

Now I'm going to go sleep and hope I feel better tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At October 26, 2004 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better, Jon, and congratulations on the mass milestone! But no fair combining your current diet with the Kevin Plan.

John K

 
At October 26, 2004 11:25 AM, Blogger Angel said...

Ack. I'm sorry you've got the creeping crud, too, Jon. I've been down with it for just over two weeks now. You won't have it that long, though. Don't worry. Everyone else I know who's had it has been well again after about a week.

Congratulations on the weight loss. That's great! Do you know if it's improving your overall health? I know you were pretty healthy anyway, so I'm curious about that angle.

 
At October 27, 2004 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks, Jon! Congratulations!

RL

 
At October 28, 2004 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick, but congrats on the weight loss. I know from first hand experience what losing a lot of weight can do for you.

Last July I was up to 512 lbs and had gastric bypass, then proceeded to force myself onto a very strict diet (which I'm still on). I'm down to 245 lbs now and still going. Another 50-55 lbs and I'm at the goal weight.

So keep it up, it changes a lot of aspects of your life. And good luck.

Blake
blakesrealm@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home