Thursday, March 17, 2005

Almost Home

I'm getting ready to do some packing before heading home from ten days in Vegas. That explains the long absence -- mostly. I've had a laptop with me the whole time, but I didn't have access to the internet until Tuesday of this week when I finally received and hooked up the wireless adapter to my computer.

Anyway, I've played a fair amount of blackjack between meetings and working the booth and touring the city. The first few days my boss and I spent a lot of time traveling to and from the local racetrack where I saw my frist NASCAR races. I was surprised to actually find it interesting. There's a fair amount of strategy that goes on in the driving that isn't obvious when you watch it on T.V. We also walked a hell of a lot to get where we needed to go both around the track and when we explored the city.

The weekend was a lot of fun because Jen came in from L.A. She was bummed because she was let go from her work last week, but that meant she wanted to get away for a few days. I had to work most of the weekend, but we got to hang out and have some fun over the weekend. She left Monday morning so she could get back to look for work again.

This week we went to the the GAMA Trade Show. I really like the show, but I didn't get as much time to socialize this year because we seemed a bit light on help in the booth, so I was there most of the time. I made the annual trek to the Star Trek Experience. They have a new show that runs alongside the old one and I saw both of them with some different groups of people.

I also found my new favorite bar and restaurant in Las Vegas, it's the Peppermill. I'll find a link for it later, but it's an amazingly cheezy amalgamation of the '70's and the '90's in restaurant form. I'll definitely be going there again when I come back.

I'll write more later when I get home. Hopefully all my plants aren't dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home