Sunday, May 08, 2005

Another and Another

I had a couple of repeat things happen this weekend.

Friday was Seth's birthday (Jen's, too), so I had dinner with him and a mixture of people from work. Sunday night was Shane's birthday, so I had dinner with him and a mixture of people from work. Happy birthday everybody!

I walked out of dinner and looked across the parking lot at my car and it looked like, you guessed it, I had another freakin' flat tire. So I changed that with a co-worker's help and was on my way about ten minutes later. I just had all four tires replaced about a month ago, so that's kind of a bummer.

I spent much of the rest of the weekend indoors editing (actually finishing up the math on the project I'm working on) and I watched Big Fish. I hadn't watched that in a long time. I like that movie. Now I have to watch the commentary track.

More than I year ago I bought or received as a gift (I have no ideas which) a "mini bonsai kit". It's one of those little boxes you find at bookstores and the like. Last week I'd taken the thing out and stuck the seeds in the freezer as directed, so Saturday I planted them in the little compact earth-thing that came with it. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some sprouts I can start cultivating. I'll let you know how it goes.

And finally, happy mothers day to you, Mom! I hope you had a good day with the grandkids and your daughters. I'm sorry I wasn't home to give you a big hug and kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home