Monday, April 18, 2005

Bits & Pieces

I managed to get a full fifty pages edited this weekend. That's definitely good progress. A few more nights like that and I'll be done before I know it.

I received a contact notice from Classmates.com (who knew it actually worked?!) from one of my best friends from high school and her sister. She doesn't have email (can you imagine?), so she was contacting me from her sister's place. I'll be writing her a letter soon.

Thinking about her makes me laugh. I doubt any of my friends from the last fifteen years have ever heard me mention her. We just sort of lost track of each other after high school when I went off to college and she trained to become a dental hygienist. It'll be good to correspond with her again.

Monday is Dad's birthday, so happy birthday to him!

Friday night I played poker and managed to win $21.50. It was like I couldn't lose. There were a few hands I folded after I saw my first two cards that I would have won with full houses or trips. Kinda weird.

On the weightloss front, I'm down the ten of the fifteen pounds I put on over the past month or two. I've been very good on my diet and I plan to continue it. I'd really like to get past this plateau.

I met my Friday deadline and I'm very happy with the results. I think I mentioned this in one of my last posts, but it bears repeating. I'm very happy with this game.

Satruday I spent two-and-a-half hours at the tire store (about twice as long as it should have taken) and had to replace all four of my tires, which ran about $400. Ugh. But now I have spiffy new tires that I won't have to think about for a while.

I finished A Hunger Like Fire and have finally started reading A Storm of Swords. Hopefully I'll finish it just in time to pick up the last book in the series, but I'm sure I'm just being optimistic that it'll be out this year. I'll enjoy it regardless.

3 Comments:

At April 18, 2005 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized that your dad and mine shared the same birthday. Happy birthday to the dads!

 
At April 18, 2005 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Storm of Swords and series is amazing. Enjoy!

RL

 
At April 22, 2005 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like you're in the zone, Jon.

Well, except for the tire thing. But at least you've got new tires! And you'd be able to pay for whitewalls if you'd have been playing for real.

And the v-mail? HiLARious.

And why am I always posting after Rob?

Hi, Rob!

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home