Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fun Things

I've been having some fun lately. Nothing too crazy, just enjoying myself and my freetime again. I forgot what it was like to be able to go see a movie on a weeknight -- which is was I did Monday evening. I went to see the new Jet Li flick Unleashed with a friend, it was a good action movie. I'm sure if I were the type to read meaning into movies (which I admittedly am) I'm sure there's supposed to be some meaning to it regarding indoctrination and blindly following orders. By the way; Monday night is a good night to see movies, because it's really not busy.

This evening I played in the first session of Jason's zombie game. It's set at a thinly-veiled version of the San Diego Comic Con. So far it's fun, but most of the other players weren't really getting the whole deadly-zombie vibe, so it lost a little something.

I came up with a new term:

anecdotal fact: presenting a story or hearsay as truth, especially to back up or support one's decisions

Such as: "He played the game with his son and his son's friend, they didn't understand it, so he claims the game is too complicated based on anecdotal fact."

I believe this will become a very popular term for people who hate marketing and marketers.

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2005 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anecdotal evidence is the bane of rigorous scientific study.

For example, a person may take an herbal supplement for something and feel better; therefore, he assumes, based on his anecdotal experience, that the treatment is effective even if there is no rigorous evidence to support such a conclusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home