Sunday, September 11, 2005

Another Week Passes By

Jim came back to town on Tuesday afternoon, so I ended up spending most of my free evenings hanging out with him and visiting or playing City of Heroes, which was pretty cool, admittedly.

High points of the week were having dinner at Matt's with Jim, Seth, and Isaac on Wednesday. Dinner Thursday with another friend and staying at work late on Friday to play games with Jim before he took the red eye back to Missourah. Saturday I picked up some cleaning supplies and set to doing some actual cleaning around my apartment versus the usual "picking up" that I normally do. That was definitely a good thing to get done.

Saturday evening I went to Liz's for her and Tom's birthday party. That was much lower-key than I thought it might be, but I couldn't stay too long because I was due to see Katie perform at Hattie's Hat in Ballard. There ended up being a very large number of people there -- about 15 of her friends plus at least that many walk-ins from the bar. The performance space isn't particuarly large, so it seemed like quite a crowd, and I'm sure Katie felt like she was being applauded by a large audience. She surprised everyone by playing electric guitar for the first time, too. Normally she uses an acoustic and the change-up sounded great coupled with the electric bass that accompanied her.

Sunday I slept much too late for some reason, but I got everything I needed to done over the course of the day, so I can't complain. I continued cleaning, picked up Destroy All Humans and reserved a copy of We Love Katamari, went to work for a bit, came up with some ideas there, had dinner, went shopping, and now I'm going to work on some ideas for the first session of my new Star Wars game which starts Tuesday.

Oh, and I finally read all the back issues of Usagi Yojimbo that I had piling up. From issue 40 to issue 86. That was quite a stack of reading to catch up on. To give you an idea, issue 40 was from the fall of 2000, so I haven't read the book since a year before I left Madison and now I'm up-to-date. It's a darn good book, too. I don't regret buying them at all -- in fact, they hold together better than most comics when read in a clump.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home