Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Week of Firsts

I tried to post Monday night, but Blogger was acting up and wouldn't let me log in. Plus, I was tired, so I didn't try all that hard to get back in after a few minutes. Actually, it was weird, I was very sleepy yesterday and I don't know why. Anyway.

This past weekend I had a very good time. Saturday I went to the Seattle Aquarium for the first time since I've been out here. It was very busy and very good. The first room as you walk in features some faux tidepools with critters in it that you're free to reach out and touch. This room also had an O-shaped tank with jellyfish in it that swam round and round all day every day. But I think the giant octopus was probalby my favorite. "Giant" really seems like an aggressive word, but it had a head at least as large as mine (physically, not egotistically). I wish the thing had moved around more, it was very cool.

Saturday evening Seth and I went to see The Island, which probably should have been called The Suckland. Too bad, too, because Scarlett Johansson (I'm completely infatuated with her and have been since Ghost World). Hmmm, I realize now that she was 16 when she did that film. I will now hang my head in shame as I reflect on that -- luckily she's all of 21 now.

I don't really feel like going into why The Suckland sucked, let's just say you've been forewarned and call it a day.

Sunday took care of things around the house -- including going through my various gaming books and selling a number of them to Half-Price Books to the tune of $102, but only $75 after picking up two other books. This money will only make the smallest of contributions to what I will spend at GenCon this week. Well, maybe. I don't really know what I want to pick up at the show. Wil is having me get him a number of books, so I'm sure I'll pick up some of those for myself, but other than that I'm ready to be surpirsed by what I find.

Sunday evening I went out to Bainbridge to visit a friend and we had a great time talking over dinner and looking at pictures of a recent trip to Sri Lanka (before the tsunami).

I'll have irregular access to email for a while, so don't fret. I'll update when I can. See you soon.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2005 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to gaze raptly at Scarlett Johansson without having to constantly wince at the plot, may I suggest Girl With a Pearl Earring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home