Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Well, them Duke boys...

I managed to get a lot of sleep the past couple of days, so I'm feeling really good. Not completely healthy, but basically back to normal.

Today was very exciting, I got up, mowed the lawn for my dad (on the riding lawnmower, even). While I was doing that my nephew, Nick, ran down the hill and said if we were going to make it to the movie we had to go soon. Logistics were the problem; I had to get the car from my mom (who was at Grandma's) and get back to town in time to get to the movie. We just managed that -- by sacrificing my shower, which I really would have liked considering how sweaty I was.

Anyway, Nick, Jake, Mitch, and I made it to the movie just in time. If you couldn't guess by the title of this post, we saw The Dukes of Hazzard. It wasn't what I'd call a cinematic acheivement, but it was the perfect movie for a 13-year old (like Jake). Admittedly, I had a good time watching it, but it was completely over-the-top, mindless fun with some great driving. Oh, and I appreciated seeing most (if not all) of the members of the Broken Lizard comedy troupe (the guys behind Super Troopers). It was worth matinee prices in Burlington.

The theatre had something I hadn't seen before at the concession stand. You buy an empty tube from the concession stand and then you can fill the tube with colored/flavored suger from a huge vending station they had in the middle of the entryway. This goofy invention allows you to create customized pixie sticks, crazy, eh?

After the movie the boys and I had a late lunch at a Chinese buffet, which was good until the boys sunk into giggle fits, then we left.

The rest of the day was filled with showering, getting the car's oil changed, and watching poker with my parents. Sounds like a nice relaxing day, huh?

More soon.

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2005 10:53 AM, Blogger Matt Wilson said...

The Lizard guys are rad. Meredith and I love Super Troopers.

Also, Rocketmen is a cool game. Tell all the Wizkids involved nice work on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home