Thursday, March 01, 2007

Struggle Against Disappointment

I haven't posted in a while because I'm fighting off some vague feelings of frustration and disappointment. Normally this wouldn't be worth mentioning, but these feelings have been nagging at me for a while and they're getting pretty damn annoying.

They may be particularly bad today because it's "veggie day" on my diet. I dread this day because it's soooo boring and limited in terms of food choices. See, normally, I have some good things to eat that make this whole diet thing acceptable and not too challenging, but on veggie day all those choices go away and I really don't enjoy it. It's the only time I feel like I'm actually on a diet. Thankfully, the payoff is there, I just weighed myself and I'm down about 30 pounds from where I started a few months ago...which means I'm about 55 pounds from my goal...which also means I'm closer than I've been to my goal in the, damn, seven years since I've been trying to get into shape.

Anyway, it's a rough day for that reason.

The other annoying things going on involve my work and the fact that I'm not getting paid this month unless some things come through on the money front -- quickly. Because the money isn't coming in from work, I'm in the process of finding a new job. I had some warning about the money, so I started looking about a month ago, but no luck so far. That frustrates me a little because I thought I'd be able to find something within a month, but I'm still here without a job and paycheck and not even an interview on the horizon. Bleh. I knew this would be a challenge when I left WizKids. I was pretty high up in the hierarchy there, so I have a lot of management and supervisory experience, but my game design work was so specialized that it's hard to carry it over into the electronic realm -- specifically because I don't have any electonic/computer/console game design experience. I'm sure I can do it, but I need to find a company that's willing to let me get up to speed on the technical side of things.

So, I'm frustrated and annoyed by the situation, but I will continue to look and not let it bother me too much, even if it is veggie day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 02, 2007 9:05 AM, Blogger Matt Forbeck said...

Jon, are you only looking around Seattle, or are you willing to move? Computer game developers are hungry for writers with game experience these days, but they mostly want you to come into the office every day.

 
At March 02, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Matt, currently I'm looking in the Seattle area, but I'm open to just about anything...especially as more time without a paycheck passes. Let me know if you have any good leads. I'd definitely appreciate it.

 
At March 03, 2007 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What diet are you on?

 
At March 05, 2007 11:29 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Anon:

It's something without a name. I can tell you more (and send you sample food plans) if you email me directly. You can do that via the "contact" link on the main blog page.

 
At March 19, 2007 3:12 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Hey Jon,
I'm out of work and out of prospects myself these days. Hang in there, I'm sure things will turn around for the both of us soon. (Fingers crossed!)

-Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home