Thursday, February 08, 2007

At Last!

WizKids finally announced their upcoming Star Wars game. It's in the same vein as the Pirates game, so you assemble the ships out of styrene cards.

The thing I really find funny is that I was in on the early stages of the concept and administration of this, yet everyone at WizKids was mum about it since last June. I guess that's good for the company, but it's very strange to me. I'm a little offended by it, but I understand it; I'm no longer on the "inside," so I don't get the inside info anymore. That said, I don't like feeling like a can't be trusted -- especially with something I already knew about!

Anyway, I wish them luck with the game, I'm sure it'll do well. I'm interested in seeing it come June.

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2007 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust no one! Keep your blaster handy!

Oh, wait, that would be for the Paranoia minis game. (Did you have clearance for that information, Citizen?)

 
At February 12, 2007 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, is that the game where every booster comes with five of the same character and real working disintigrator?

Honest, I have Ultraviolet clearance!

PS: On a more serious note: I'm frankly surprised Wizkids is still treading water. I hear that MW is up for a major retooling and unless there's a) another major Star Wars event or b0 some serious advertizing, the SW minis game may fall under the radar. NO ill-will, I just don't hear anything, positive OR negative about them these days . . .and no word on the street= bad.

-Kevin R-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home