Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 Year in Review

The past year was a mix of good and bad. My work life sucked worse than ever, but my life outside of work has been great.

Regarding work, I feel like all the decisions I've made have been the wrong ones; which is more than a little frustrating. You've probably picked up on my frustration in some of my posts here. You know, maybe.

Thankfully, Julia, the house, my friends, hell, even gaming, has been really satisfying, so that's made it a lot easier to handle the crappy parts.

Anyway, I don't really feel like writing any more about all of that right now. Instead, I'd like to run down my yearly recap of the books that I've read. Yeah, that's sort of a weird change of subject, but that's what I feel like doing.

So, here's the list from oldest to most recently read:

The Amber Spyglass, Book 3 of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

Gardens of the Moon by Stephen Erikson

Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser

Shadowrun: Drops of Corruption by Jason M. Hardy

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

I'm currently reading:

Silverlock by John Myers Myers

Born Standing Up by Steve Martin

So, fewer than last year, but it took me forever to make it through The Amber Spyglass. I mean like, six months. I just couldn't get it done.

I never include all of the comics, graphic novels, or gaming books on this list.

1 Comments:

At January 04, 2008 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

really, really love Silverlock. It's one of those books of which I have multiple copies at all times, in case someone has never discovered it. If you like it, I do have the sequel the Moon's Fire Eating Daughter and another short work by JMM

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home