Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fun and Gaming

I had a good weekend. Julia and I came up with a good (and new) solution for the condo and the new house, so we had some conversations with bankers and such. Things are moving forward on that and we're pretty happy with how it's going.

Last week I applied to a few positions and this week I received a number of returned phone calls that lead to interviews. And one of those phone interviews earned me a second phone interview tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about the prospects and I'm really hoping to make my way into the computer gaming business. Soon.

For one of the interviews I have to fill out a design test. So far it's been interesting and I'm having a good time coming up with some ideas for it.

On the gaming front; on Sunday I ran D&D and we wrapped up the current adventure in Hellhold. They didn't quite do what I'd planned on, but it should still work out in terms of the overall storyline.

Monday I went to Pramas' to play Descent with him and Ray. I hadn't really talked with Ray before, but he seems like a really good guy and I was happy to sit down and play with both of them. Since there were only three of us, Chris ran the game and Ray and I both played two characters. It's a good thing we did, too, because we would have been pulped in the first part of the game.

I also picked up the two newest M&M books, Book of Magic and Worlds of Freedom. I've paged through both of them and checked out the character archetypes and everything looks great. I was especially pleased with the Book of Magic. It seems well researched and covers all the areas that one might hope.

In other gaming news, I've been spending my evenings converting old Champions characters to M&M just for fun. I think I've converted about 20 so far and it's been interesting to see how the characters differ as well as how they're similar. I've even sent a couple of the write-ups off to the players who created the characters. I have no clue if they'll ever use them, but I figured they'd enjoy it.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home