Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Iron Man

I finally saw Iron Man last night, but the headline on this post really refers to me.

I've been feeling pretty discouraged about the whole job thing lately. Especially last night because it was the night before an interview for the job I'm pretty interested in. I get a little maudlin every now and again, but I know I just have to work through it and keep moving. It's never fun, but by this morning I was feeling much better and I think the interview went very well.

I have another tomorrow, but for a position that's a bit more junior, so I'm not as jazzed about it. But, a job's a job and that's what I need right now.

I got a call from Jordan's assistant Pam the other day and they'd like my help selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay. So I was out there yesterday and today to pick up a couple of loads of stuff. Smith & Tinker appears to be rolling along quite nicely and I have to admit that stopping by there is what caused my depression. They're all great, fun people and I'd love to work with them again, and it made me sad that I don't. Plus, I feel like I'm not really getting anything done. I spend time looking for work, doing a bit of editing, and selling stuff on Ebay. I sort of feel like it's a waste of my time, but it has to get done.

Anyway, I'm feeling better about it now, but yesterday was a different matter.

Hopefully this job comes through. It's a year-long contract and may turn into a full-time gig. Wow, would that take the pressure off.

Oh, and the movie was very good. I was surprised by how much time they spent on him building the first set of armor -- and then the second set of armor -- but overall it was an excellent re-telling of the Iron Man origin. Plus, I thought Robert Downey, Jr. did a very good job as Stark.

Note: I added some pictures of the condo (post-painting and staging) in the Flickr account over to the right. Check'em out. And pass them on to anyone who might want to buy a condo, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home