Friday, August 22, 2008

So It Ends. So It Begins.

As I left for work yesterday morning, Julia went to meet her mom at the new house to pick up the keys. Tonight is the last night in the old house and tomorrow we move into the new one.

How we got to this point is one for the record books.

We have our first loan. We don't yet have our second, but things are looking good and we know how we're going to go about everything no matter what the answer is from the bank we're talking to now. However, we were supposed to close on the house this past Wednesday, which clearly didn't happen. Because of that as well as the fact that we will be homeless as of Saturday, we asked the builder if we could take possession of the hosue before closing. We knew it was a longshot, but we asked. And he said, "Okay." I have no idea why, but it was great news and we're still marveling over it.

Julia's already been in the house and dropped some things off. I have a key to the place on my keyring. Tomorrow morning I pick up a truck and a crew of good, reliable, great appreciated friends are showing up to help move things out of one house and into the other. Thankfully the rains that came for a few days earlier this week aren't supposed to show up again tomorrow, but it's supposed to be in the 80s, which is kind of a bummer. Still, I prefer sunny to rainy when moving. Plus we'll be doing the worst part of it early in the day, so hopefully the heat won't be so bad.

After we move in Julia and I will have to deal with the loans and financing, but we're sure that's gonig to clear up without too many more headaches. Wish us luck.

The good news is we have the house, we're moving in, and things are looking up.

As for the other things going on in my life, all I can say is, what other things? Moving takes up a lot of damn time. Oh, but I have managed to finish The Lies of Locke Lamora and start Brust's Five Hundred Years After. Also, Seth picked up a copy of Robin Law's Mutant City Blues for me at GenCon, so I'm reading that, too. One of my favorite (though short-lived) Champions games that I ran cast the player characters as normal cops in a world of superbeings, so MCB is definitely my kind of game. Hopefully I'll get to play it at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home