Monday, November 10, 2008

WizKids: The End

I just had this announcement from Topps/WizKids passed along to me be Seth.

This makes me so very, very sad.

I wish I had some ability to do something about it. I'd love to take over some of those lines and turn it into a viable business again.

But, at the same time I'm thankful for the time I spent there. It changed my life. I moved to the Seattle area for that job. I loved working on the games. I loved the people I worked with. I advanced my career significantly. And I met my girlfriend.

I knew when I left two-plus years ago that it was the right time to get out. I knew I didn't want to be there for the (not-so-)long slide to failure, but it's still very sad to see it go away completely.

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... A card company bought a game company and wants to shut it down because it is not a card company? How very, very odd. Glad you guys got out of there.

RP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home