Friday, April 17, 2009

Drained

I finished a project today and once it was done I felt completely drained of energy. Kinda burned out. Certainly I've been working a lot and spending much of my time at work, so that's probably the issue.

It's been quite a while since I last posted and many fun things have happened. The best of those is that I flew home last weekend to see Julia! We had a great time and managed to get quite a lot done over the course of the two-and-a-half days I was there. I had to get fitted for my tux, she had an appointment to get her wedding dress worked on, we did some clothes shopping, had a nice dinner with her family (an early Easter dinner on Saturday night because some of the kids couldn't make it on Sunday), and took a spur-of-the-moment trip to a nearby nursery to pick up a couple of plants.

What started as a quick trip to pick up some herbs and ground cover turned into an actual shopping spree and we ended up with what we went there for plus three rose bushes and another largish plant. We spent some of Saturday out in the yard planting what we picked up as well as a few things that we still hadn't gotten into the ground fromwhen we moved here. It was a little rainy, but we had a great time and Julia has been bit hard by the gardening bug again. I hope to see some pictures of our hard work soon. The front and backyard are both looking great.

I was sad to leave again on Sunday, but we had so much fun over the weekend it was hard to complain.

More soon.

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2009 3:53 PM, Blogger Julia said...

get sleep baby! take some time to chill...and go to do some outdoor stuff...that is all my advice. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home