Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Year and a Week

Today (Tuesday, that is) marks a year and a week that I've been working at Cryptic and living in Los Gatos/Campbell. I'm very glad to have the job, enjoy what I'm doing, love that I'm learning something new that I'll be able to continue to do for a long time, and have generally enjoyed myself in the time I've been here, but I really miss my wife and would love to find a job back in Seattle again. I would love that. Love it.

With the launch of our recent game (Star Trek Online) and the beginning of a new project, I'm moving from working on Champions Online to another game that's not announced yet. It's a good fit and I'm a little sad to say good-bye to the people I work with now, but since I'm going to work with people who used to work on Champions, well, I'll be with some familiar faces. I think it'll be just fine. I'm supposed to move at the start of next month.

The past few weeks and weekends I've spent a fair amount of my free time painting the miniatures Kim gave me last time I was home. That's been nice and I'm very happy with how they've turned out. I'll see if I can grab the camera and take some photos for the Flickr site. While painting I've also watched a few television series (Legend of the Seeker and Supernatural) which have been on in the background.

This Thursday I fly home for the weekend. Kim (from Madison) has been staying with Julia for the last two-and-a-half weeks while she's been interning with a vet. She leaves early Saturday morning, so I'll likely only see her Thursday and Friday nights -- if she manages to get home at a reasonable hour, which has definitely been an issue for her while she's been here.

I had a doctor's appointment awhile ago and I heard today that everything looks quite good. My blood sugar's been a little higher on average this time around, but I was expecting that (unfortunately). I haven't been as good as I've wanted with my food and exercise the past few months, but I'm rededicating myself to it and I'm going to start walking home from work most nights now that it's not dark and rainy.

Okay, I'm done for now. Talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home