Tuesday, July 16, 2002

I don't know what's up, but my post from the other day isn't appearing on my page. I'm sorry for the problem, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

My car was picked up by tow truck Monday morning and will be checked out and hopefully better by Wednesday sometime. I really dislike not having a car, but it has afforded me an opportunity to learn more about the busses here in town. Always a good thing.

Monday night was dinner night with some people from work. I hosted and it went very well. I made an awesome salad based on one I had at the show last week. Everyone loved it. Woohoo. We ate completely vegetarian, too, which was very cool.

I've given up on the woman at work and trying to be friends with her. It's not worth the trouble. I like her, she's nice, but she's not interested in being very good friends and I have better things to do than waste my time. That may sound somewhat harsh, but I'm frustrated over the whole situation and I just can't dedicate anymore energy to it.

Today has been lots and lots of work. Both for my regular job and writing some articles for the next issue of the magazine. I could really use a day off. Luckily Sunday is the company picnic. That should be fun. Maybe I'll get some sun!

I have to decide in the next three weeks if I'm staying here or moving back to Madison to start a new job there in the middle of September. I've talked about this before and I'm sure I'll talk about it again, but I realized that I can always go home. I may not have a job waiting for me like I do now, but I can always do it. I really like my job here. I'd like my job there I think. The money is better there, but this division is new and may dry up. I have a lot of potential for movement up at this company as it grows, not so much there -- as far as I know. I have friends and family there, but this is a fun new adventure that's only beginning to gel for me. These and more run through my head all the time when I think about this. Either place is a great opportunity, but they're so evenly balanced that it's hard to decide.

Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home