Wednesday, June 16, 2004

"Meet me at no special place and I'll be there at no particular time." (I paraphrase Mose Allison.)

Seth and I went to see Mose Allison tonight at Jazz Alley near Belltown in Seattle. I'd never been down, or even on that block before but I knew all the streets around it. It was weird to feel out of place in a place I actually knew.

Scott commented on my last post that he was a bit lost regarding my comments about the woman who said, "We could have made beautiful babies together," so I'll elaborate a bit.

She's someone I've known for a couple of years and there was a time when she was interested in me. She got rather drunk one night and hit on me (mercilessly), but since she was drunk I turned her down. (It wouldn't have been the right thing to do. Sue me, I'm honorable.) She was embarassed and moved on.

But we saw each other Sunday and she said that to me. Again drunk. And it was weird because he boyfriend of nearly two years was there as well, though not in earshot.

Does that help at all?

Other than that, the last couple of days have been normal. Tuesday evening I played in Mike's Shadowrun game. Some of the players are a bit overboard and I didn't get to do much in the game, but hopefully they'll calm down and it'll get more interesting for me.

I'm a bit jealous of some of the women from work. They're headed to Vegas for a long weekend/bachelorette party. (Have a great time and I hope you come back alive.)

4 Comments:

At June 17, 2004 7:32 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I see no reason why the women should have all the fun - and I know some guys who want to go to Vegas for a couple of days. Maybe once con season is over, we could form our own little Rat Pack and go play some games, see some shows, raise some hell?

 
At June 17, 2004 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, that's kind of what I had imagined to have happened. Thanks for the elaboration. That is a chuckler, although very annoying.
I agree with the comment that the women shouldn't have all the fun. I'd like to do another Vegas trip, too. I think we ought to get everybody together for another houseboat tour first, though. That rocked, and although there was no chance that I'd make back the money I'd spent on the trip as there was in Vegas, there was no chance of going much deeper in the hole either.

-Scott

 
At June 17, 2004 8:15 PM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

Another houseboat trip would have been a lot easier before a few weeks ago, Scott. Not that I wouldn't love to do that (or something similar) again sometime. I hear the call of the monkey tribes...

As for Vegas, check out Mark's Vegas Guide and start planning a trip. I enjoy everything about the town except the gambling, and might go for no other reason than to eat at the Brazillian restaurant at the Mirage again and catch Penn & Teller at the Rio. Assuming I'm not broke or something similarly stupid.

 
At June 19, 2004 6:57 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I'd love to see Penn & Teller, and hey, it's Vegas, so I'm going to have to learn how to gamble a little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home