Monday, June 14, 2004

Sure enough, Brian, Seth, and I made it to the Seattle Underground tour around 11 o'clock, but it was sold out, so we bought tickets to the noon tour and then went to Elliot Bay Book Co. to check it out. None of us had ever been there before, but we'd all heard it was a great store. And it is. I ended up picking up Flood by Andrew Vachss and a newly republished collection of Conan stories.

Then we took the tour. I won't go through the thing with you, but it was interesting. Seattle has a bit of very interesting history (I'm sure no more or no less than any other city its size, but they like to think they do), so it was fun. The tour was only $10 and lasted about an hour and a half. I think it was worthwhile and I recommend it to anyone visiting town.

I had to leave for a wedding at three o'clock, so we quickly stopped by the comic shop on the way home, grabbd soemthing to eat, then stopped home to change and meet with Jen, Shane, Cathy, and Matt for the drive down to Tacoma for Scott and Chaz's wedding.

I'll write more about it when I get the chance. Right now I have to get dressed and run Brian to the airport. It's early. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home