Monday, June 14, 2004

Okay.

The wedding was good. Actually very good. Scott and Chaz had some great ideas for the shindig -- including letters that they wrote to be opened on their tenth anniversary. I thought that was very cool.

It was a nice, smallish ceremony, with a few dozen people in attendance and I feel lucky to have been invited. Scott and Chaz are a lot of fun and good people. I wish them the best.

Shana did the wedding planning and she did a great job. The whole thing was well organized, looked great, with excellent food, a good DJ, and other goodies.

I probably shouldn't say anything about this, but I have to pass on that the weirdest thing said to me all day was, "We could have made beautiful children." See? Weird. Sorry I can't explain more, but isn't that enough to make you chuckle a bit?

I was extra tired today, part way through the day I got a headache, then a while later I became really depressed and angry. Actually, I think I'd been depressed and angry all day. I think it started at the wedding, which isn't the best thing in the world to think, but I think that's what started it. I know it's silly, but instead of restoring my faith in humanity and love and all that, it made me feel like I'll always be alone.

Like I said, I know it's silly, but that's how I felt/feel and it sucks. Others move so effortlessly from one relationship to the next and I don't. It's frustrating and it bothers me.

As always, this will pass.

Now I have to get my laundry out of the dryer and go to bed.

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2004 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why was the beautiful children comment weird? Did some woman say it to you or was it said to you about two others who shouldn't or can't have babies? Without context, it's sort of a non-starter out here. I can see how that might have been the thing to set off the bad mood if it was a woman you'd dated saying it to you. That's a kick to the crotch that no one needs.

We'll go out one night while I'm there and you can see me crash and burn with multiple women, thereby making you feel better about your not doing so. heehee Besides, your meeting someone is just around the corner. The number of unfamiliar names mentioned on your Blog has catapulted in the last year, so you've been very good at expanding the circle of friends. Statistically, the perfect friend of a friend is just waiting to be introduced. Keep up the networking!

P/L - Scott

 
At June 15, 2004 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, making beautiful babies. The evil Dr. Ziln was undoubtedly talking about his sinister plans to rule the world with your cunningly crafted clones. All becomes clear. Don't let this throw you off your stride, his agents are week and easily misled.

Mr. X
President Pro-tem
Society for This and That
Formerly The League of Anonymous Do-Goodery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home