Wednesday, June 02, 2004

It's been a couple of days and cool things are afoot. Tuesday I went and picked up my brand, spankin' new cellphone. I was stunned when I realized that my old cellphone was four-and-a-half years old. It needed replacing. Plus, my new phone has all the cool features that new phones have -- like I can play Tetris on it (You have no clue how dangerous that may be for me. I love Tetris.), download cool ringtones that will annoy everyone when my phone rings, talk to friends who have the same service provider for free!, and, oh, yeah, make phone calls. The new phone meant a new phone number however, so if you need the new number contact me and I'll get it to you.

Chris was still staying with me, but he apparently decided to clear out and stay with Seth for the rest of his time here, because he wasn't here anymore when I returned this evening. He was a fine houseguest, but I really don't like having the TV on all the time. That's my only complaint. Other than that, I enjoyed having him around.

I had dinner tonight (Wednesday) with a former co-worker. I hadn't seen her in quite a while and thought I should really try to keep in tough with her better. She's a real sweetie. We had a great dinner at Bonefish and chatted for a while.

I made plans this week for an upcoming convention that I'll be attending for work. I don't know why I mention that, other than I happened to think of it.

I asked someone, a friend, out recently. (Everyone involved probalby knows all about this, but I'll try to be as vague as possible to protect the innocent.) Wisely, she said no because we work together. For a long time I've felt that dating/seeing/asking out a co-worker was a Bad Thing that I wouldn't do -- despite the fact that I think I've been tempted to ask someone out at every job I've ever had -- and I've never done it until now. I had to wonder why this was different? Why now?

I think it came down to the fact that if I didn't do something then I'd always feel like I missed the opportunity. I've classicly been very bad about taking a risk like that and I'm beginning to think that's not the way to go. I mean, here's someone who's company I enjoy, whom I'm attracted to, who's a great person . . . why not risk it? As they say, "If you don't take the chance, then you'll never know." I didn't want to let that happen this time. So, fine, it's done, she's made her choice and I made mine. Maybe it'll cause some awkwardness now and again, but I hope not. So far it's been fine.

I'll have to wait and see what she thinks about me writing about it here.

I think all my friends in Madison will have Always Look On the Bright Side of Life play when they call. Kim especially will like that.

I've lost about 30 pounds since I started this diet. I haven't talked about it much, but it seems to be going well. I need to be more active though. That's for sure.

Heh, isn't that funny? I just said I lost a bunch of weight and yet I followed it up with something that made it sound like that wasn't good enough. Who says I'm not hard on myself? I know losing that weight is good, I do -- I just know I can do better. Is that so wrong?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home