Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I'm very angry this evening and I have no idea why.

I don't even think I could explain it because there's nothing happening that should have me on edge. Not really. There are a couple of small things going on that are on my mind, but nothing out of the ordinary. Ah,who knows. I'll get over it.

I went to see the third Harry Potter movie today. It had some nice effects, but I feel like they skimmed much of the book probably leaving those who haven't actually read it feeling a little lost -- or at least not really understanding a lot of what the movie had going on in it.

I had dinner tonight with a couple people who were in town from another branch of our company in England. We went to Spazzo's, an Italian restaurant in town. It's on the top floor of a nine- or ten-floor tall building and it has a pretty good view. Dinner itself was fine.

I think it's interesting that I get to go out for a free dinner for work every now and again and mostly I wish I didn't have to. I would think I'd be happy to get a free dinner at an expensive restaurant every now and again, but it just doesn't work out that way. I'd rather have my evening to myself.

One of the people from out of town was a smoker and he had packs of cigarettes from the U.K. The packs had things like this printed in very large type across half the pack on the front and the back:

SMOKING KILLS

SMOKING CLOGS THE ARTERIES AND CAUSES HEART ATTACKS AND STROKES

SMOKING SERIOUSLY HARMS YOU AND OTHERS AROUND YOU

SMOKING CAUSES FATAL LUNG CANCER

I love that the tobacco companies have to tell people that their product will kill them. And I can't beleive that people still smoke.

Brian arrives tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him andshowing him around the area. He's a good guy.

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2004 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say his to Brian for me.

RL

 
At June 10, 2004 10:11 AM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

Anger isn't the problem. When you're angry and suddenly find yourself pulling on a pair of ripped purple pants...that's a problem.

JON SMASH! GrRRRRarRRR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home