Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I've been lax in updating, but I've had some interesting things happen lately. Well, I think they're interesting.

Tuesday morning I got ready for work and went down to my car. Parked next to my car, in the spot that's marked as 'no parking' was a big, white Cadillac. It's not too suprising that a car was parked there, it happnes now and again. This car annoyed me, however, because it was parked at a weird angle and made it very difficult to get into my car. As I was worming my way into my car I noticed that there was someone sleeping in the back seat of the Cadillac.

Inappropriate? Yes, I think so. So I called my landlord and let him know about the person in the car. I have no clue what the result of that was, but it was a bit of petty revenge on my part as well as a bit of basic safety.

The bamboo outside my apartment is growing like crazy again. I swear it grows about a foot a day. It's really very impressive.

Phil called Wednesday morning to talk for a while and he said he's had a hellish couple of days because his basement has been leaking something like 25 gallons of water an hour due to the rain. He'd had a bad weekend taking care of that, but he was feeling a bit better because his neighbors arrived home from a few days away to find that they're sump pump had exploded and their newly finished basement was flooded with four feet of water. Bad for them, but, like I said, Phil felt better.

A couple of the guys at work submitted an entry to the Red Bull Flugtag . . . aaaaand they were one of the few accepted. The site is taking votes on which is the best submission and right now their submission is in the lead. Go check out the entries and be sure to vote for Hair Force One! Remember, it was built by rock 'n' roll!

Switching gears entirely, I ran my Mutants & Masterminds game last night. It went well, generally, but the players were very distracted -- reading comics, talking and arguing constantly, and not really paying attention. Some of it was due to unfamiliarity with the system and a long-ish fight, but a lot of it was pretty inexcusable. It was very frustrating. Happily I left things at a good cliffhanger that got everyone's attention.

It looks like Brian from Tampa is headed out here for a few days in a couple of weeks. That should be fun. I have to look into some whale-watching trips and some other fun things to do while he's here. I'm looking forward to his visit.

Scott is officially an unemployed teacher! Yes, that's a good thing because it means he has his teaching certification and can start looking for real teaching work. He's hoping that at some point over the summer that he'll be able to make it out here. That would be great. I think he could use a break -- and I'm sure Seth and I would like to spend some time with him. It's been too long.

I don't have a whole lot more to say. I'll try to update soon.

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2004 5:34 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, sorry about being so distracted during the game. I think the more we all joked around, the easier it became to lose focus, especially in the midst of that combat when we were all split up and not everyone was acting every round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home