Friday, April 01, 2005

Wedding Bells

So, that's it.

I'm getting married.

I just got off the phone with my ex-girlfriend and we got to talking about how well we got along and how we liked each other and all that other mushy stuff and we decided it was silly to be apart since we enjoyed each other's company so much -- and I said, "Well, would you marry me?" and without missing a beat she said, "Yes, I would." And we were off, talking about how we could do it, where, when, who'd be involved, where we'd live, all that stuff.

The thing is, it felt so natural. So right. You know?

It's nice.

So, she'll move in with me next Friday, April 8th, which I'm sure all of you are well aware is a full week after today, April 1st. And yes, I have to do this every year apparently. Sorry.

10 Comments:

At April 01, 2005 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I think I should get points for cluing in before your disclaimer, albeit not full marks.

 
At April 01, 2005 5:56 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Sorry Jon, I'm in full fledged April 1 paranoia mode. (several jokers here at work) Heck I'm not even believing the straight news today.

SO, seeing the date on the post I immediately expected the continuation of the tradition. Although this is a good one, well worthy of Jon traditions!

 
At April 01, 2005 6:08 AM, Blogger Greg said...

1.4 seconds. Long enough for me to get into the third paragraph. That's pretty good, Jon.

 
At April 01, 2005 11:31 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

will she bring her french maid costume as part of the dowry?

 
At April 01, 2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Ooo, I hope so!

Or we could just borrow yours!

 
At April 01, 2005 1:25 PM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

At least the April Fool's posts have started to be happy news...

 
At April 02, 2005 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marriage is the new single, Jon.

RL

 
At April 02, 2005 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I admit it. I was completely had. Part of the reason, though, was that I didn't get my phone messages until today (the 2nd) where Jon originally dropped the bomb on me. Plus, I had gotten used to April Fool's jokes of the kind "You've got a bird on your head! April Fool's!" Kinders, you've gotta love 'em.
Oh yeah, plus I'm gullible as hell. Why do I ALWAYS fall for these things? As I was excitedly clicking to the blog I was planning how I was going to be able to get out to Seattle for the wedding.

Scott

 
At April 06, 2005 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg in Madison, here... reading your 4/1 news, for the first time, on April 6th. You got me.

 
At April 18, 2005 3:45 PM, Blogger Jenny and Nelly said...

yeah he got me too, pretty good though Jon! Glad your mother didn't have a heart attack...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home