Friday, May 27, 2005

Nothing Pressing

I've been bad about updating this week, but that's because I've actually been having fun. Well, except for Wednesday, I was in a bad mood Wednesday.

I finished watching all of Angel season 4 (including commentary tracks) and have now started in on Angel season 5. Season 5 is much, much stronger than the previous seasons and I'm really enjoying it.

Tuesday evening I got a call from Shane and Cathy. It seems they were shopping downtown and when they went to hop in their car they found it missing. (Interesting sentence.) Turns out it had been stolen by some blonde woman -- the only woman they let out without a parking stub all day. They called so that I could take them home, but by the time I got there they'd received a call saying the car had been abandoned on Broadway and towed. So I took them to the tow yard.

Normally when a car is stolen you'd think the chances of getting it back are pretty slim, but to get it back within 3 hours of it being stolen? And you'd expect that the thief would actually steal valuables from the car. Instead everything was there -- plus she left a Tupac CD in the stereo. Bonus! Unfortunatly it cost Shane and Cathy $100 to get the car back, but that's much better than losing a whole car, plus it makes for a good story, right?

Wednesday I had pizza for dinner with Matt at my place. Not as good a story, eh?

Tonight (Thursday) I went to see Serenity with a bunch of people from work. For those that don't know, Serenity is a movie based on the Firefly television series from a couple of years ago. If you liked the series, you'll love the movie. It's surprising how good the movie is. It's very different from the new Star Wars movie, but so much better -- more laughter, more highs, more lows, more characterization, more beleivable moral quandries, more plot, more direction, pretty much more of everything. Go see the movie when it comes out.

Check out more here.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who voted for Katie on NPR's All Songs Considered. She ended up with the highest rating and I think she deserved it. Now let's all work together to make her famous, so that we can all say we know someone famous. Won't that be fun?

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...they found it missing.

When my car was stolen (all those years ago), it's absence had a palpable presence, so I appreciate where they were coming from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home