Thursday, July 07, 2005

Hey! It's been a while!

I'll say it's been a while. A whole week without a meaningful post.

Things have happened.

My 4th of July weekend was good. I played poker and Friday and Saturday nights. Seth and I went to Jason and Liz's on Saturday afternoon for her birthday party. It was too bad that Jason was out of town, but hey, these things can't be helped sometimes and it was a good time regardless.

Sunday I went to the gym (although I haven't been able to go again this week) and did some resistance training and I was reasonably sore for the next couple of days. It's been a long time since I felt that.

Over the weekend, at the Origins gaming convention my company won some great awards.You'll find the complete list of awards here. Pretty good stuff all around. Congrats to everyone.

Monday I went to (a different) Liz's place to watch fireworks from her back deck. She lives in a place with an amazing view of Seattle, so the fireworks were great, but a bit far away. We left late in the evening and ended up encountering a very drunk man who'd been beaten up by his roommate. He wanted us to call for help, so we did and then waited. The firetruck arrived fairly quickly, they bandaged the guy, and then we talked while the drunk guy sat there and was a mix of annoying and funny until the police showed up about an hour after we first called. The guy was fine really, he just needed some slight bandaging -- but then someone suggested filing a complaint, so the cops were needed. Since it was the night of the 4th they were pretty busy, hence the delay. The firemen were funny anyway. I think we're going to send them some product.

On Wednesday I decided to give up on my diet. I realize this is happening with frightening regularity, but I'm having a hard time being really dedicated to it because I don't like it. I prefer to eat a healthy mix of food. Call me crazy. So, now I'm trying to eat well and get more exercise. My real hope is that I can still lose weight by making this change. It's very frustrating.

Wednesday night I had dinner with Jen and Hays, then we went to watch Katie play at Mr. Spot's Chai House in Ballard. She did well and the location was pretty cool. I enjoyed the evening.

Thursday evening I went to the regular Thursday game, but this week we played Domaine instead of roleplaying. It's been a while since I'd played it and I was happy to have the opportunity to check it out again.

Um, I think that's about all this time around. But I want to give Scott Haring my condolences and that goes double for the people affected by the bombings in London. I just don't understand some people...

1 Comments:

At July 08, 2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

I saw about Scott Haring on Dork Tower, and it made me free bad, since Scott was the first person to ever publish any of my work and he struck me as a really together guy. I wrote about it on my blog. I hope he comes out of this as OK as he can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home