Monday, May 30, 2005

Got My Poppy

Brief recap of the weekend:

Friday I went to a late dinner with Shane, Cathy, Jen, Hays, and Shana. We ate at the Metling Pot in Seattle and it took forever! We had to start dinner a bit late in order to accomodate everyone's schedule, so we ordered around 9:00 and finished dinner around 12:30. Ugh.

Happily we had a great time and were able to catch up with what Jen and Shane have been up to at their new jobs. We all had a great time and we alternating entertained and annoyed our waiter most of the evening. In the end I think he really enjoyed us, so that's a good thing. Some of our conversations were really funny, but the one that stands out as being particularly odd was when we had a conversation that degenerated into joke-telling, then ended, then we had exactly the same conversation again -- same jokes, same everything. Then we did it again. We were all laughing like idiots by the end of it, but that's because we have very similar senses of humor, so we thought it was funny.

Saturday Seth and I met up with Chris from Green Ronin because we'd been talking about swapping product. So, I gave him a bunch of goodies and he gave me a bunch of goodies. And we all went out for lunch at a nearby restaurant. It was a good time. I could definitely see getting together with him on a more regular basis. He's a smart, creative guy. It's funny, though, because we only know each other from workstuff, so that's all we end up talking about.

The rest of Saturday was filled with DVDs. Actually, much of the weekend was, except for Saturday night when I met up with Jen (who's in town for a few days from L.A.), her brother and some of her friends for dinner at Chantanee and some drinks at Rock Bottom. It was good to see her again. She seems to be doing well.

Sunday I picked up my apartment and cleaned the balcony and the furniture on it -- something I didn't do last year -- because I planned to have people over on Monday for a cookout (what people in these parts call a bar-b-que). I haven't had people over in a long time, so I figured it was overdue, plus I hadn't used my grill at all last year, so hopefully this sets a precedent for me and I'll continue to use it regularly this summer.

I've been making a lot of notes for a story I want to write. I have a number of really good ideas for it -- or rather -- I have a number of ideas that I'm really pleased with, others will have to judge if they're really good ideas. I'm still have a big issue deciding where to start and what the central point of conflict is, but ideas are snowballing in my head, so it's just a matter of time.

Monday I had Shana, Shane, Cathy, Seth, Chris, Jen, Hays, and Matt over for the cookout. Beforehand I went shopping and gave money to the Vet standing in the store, so I received my little, paper poppy and a nice thank you from the Vet. At the cookout everyone had too much good food and got to relax and watch some of Shana's DVDs of the Chappelle Show. I hadn't seen any of it before and it was damn funny.

Okay. The last week I've been as bad as ever about my food and I really need to change that. I remember a time a couple of years ago in which I was very motivated and very dedicated to getting healthier and being more active. I'm not sure what happened, but I know I've been backsliding for a while now. I'm not sure if I'll start tomorrow, but I have to get back to that. I have to start reforming some healthy habits and really dedicate myself. Yes, I know, it's all talk until I actually take action, but I've been stuck on the same plateau for about three years now and it's killing my motivation. I have to make a radical change again in order to force my body into losing weight again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home