Thursday, June 30, 2005

Imagine...

You're 60 years old and someone tells you you'll live at least another 55 years. It amazes me what the human body can do. She's the aging equivalent of a Cirque du Soleil cast member. She stands out from those around her because of what her body is capable of.

For some reason that I can't fully explain, I was fascinated by this Website today. I understand that it has an edge to it that makes it a little distubing in a weird way, but it struck me as very dreamlike. I really had a strong "sense of wonder" reaction to it. I think it felt to me like I was watching what it's like to dream of falling; never stopping, no context to it, just falling and falling. I like it*.

I just watched some amazingly excellent episodes of the third season of Northern Exposure. I'm pretty sure I could watch them again right now and enjoy them just as much. The Christmas episode really stood out as an amazing piece of writing.

I'm having a very good time working on some new things at work. Sometimes it's slow-going, but then I get on a creative jag and it flows almost effortlessly. I came up with a couple of things today that I really liked. Now I'll have to see if anyone else thinks they're cool.

* A couple of questions, though: Why a woman? Why a bikini?

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2005 8:45 PM, Blogger Rooney said...

Yah! GOOD QUESTIONS. And why when you pick her up is it like picking up a dead body? Or a limp cat?

I just tried for a good while to get her resting in a nice non-freaky position on one of the bubbles, but no luck. No rest for bikini girl.

 
At July 01, 2005 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main problem is that they're using a cheap rag doll model for their falling body. It means that the falling corpse contorts itself into some wholly unnatural positions, which either adds to the surreal nature of the exercise, or just vexes one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home