Sunday, June 19, 2005

In Texas Only Texans Can Rob Banks

I'm watching The Magnificent Seven and that was the line the bad guy just said. It thought it was funny, so now it's my headline.

Friday night I played poker for the first time in ages and I lost, but that made up for the last time I played and won, so I'm good.

Saturday I did all the normal things, then Seth showed me where Uncle's Games is in the Redmond mall. It's a pretty nice store. I picked up some high-quality plastic playing cards and some Top Trumps decks which were on sale 2-for-1. Apparently that game sells like crazy in the U.K., but over here it's a real dog.

Oh, I also picked up a wireless controller for my Playstation. Hopefully that will make me want to play it more. Actually, I'm really looking forward to it.

Sunday I cleaned up some, then went to see Jason and Liz's new house. I was really impressed. It's a nice place with a ton of space. It was much larger than I was expecting. I also got to play with their new kitty. She was a cutie. We watched a movie from Australia called Undead, it wasn't as horrid as the name seems to indicate, instead it was pretty damn funny and very well made. Jason said it will be released in the States sometime soon. Check it out if you're in the mood for a zombie movie with the same attitude about itself that Tremors has.

I was supposed to go out Sunday evening, but that didn't work out, so instead I've been watching movies and working on my character for Seth's DC Heroes game, which starts Tuesday. It's made for a pretty exciting evening.

My new job starts tomorrow... that makes me think, have I mentioned this here? I have a new job. Now I'm the Executive (or Senior, it's undedided at the moment) Director of Research and Development. So, I'll be spending most of my time coming up with new concepts and fleshing them out as much as possible before passing them on to Game Design. There's a lot more involved there, but that's the gist of it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know he won't see this, but Happy Father's Day, Dad!

4 Comments:

At June 20, 2005 6:25 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

OK, I think you just won the coolest job award. Man, that sounds great!

Congratulations!

 
At June 22, 2005 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jon. Does this mean you get a key to the executive washroom?

RL

 
At June 22, 2005 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Jon.
What Kevin said.

Scott

 
At July 01, 2005 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, jon! now you send yourself to comic-com! hey, does this mean you're in a position to hire me? ;o)

kandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home