Monday, July 11, 2005

The Thing Is

Friday night: dinner with Shana, Shane, Cathy, Jen, and Hays in Ballard at Madame K's. The pizza was good, but had a slight kerosene taste which was odd but not entirely off-putting.

Saturday: all the normal stuff, plus I went out that evening with Katie, Kate, and Guy to the same bar we were at after Katie's show on Wednesday because it was one of Guy's co-worker's birthday. There were many cute women, but they all smoked, which kills it for me.

Sunday: I watched a "movie" called What the Bleep Do We Know. It's a new-agey documentary sort of thing that tries to mask it's new-ageyness behind a bunch of scientists. That said, it was interesting and inspirational in a way. Mostly because it acted as a reminder for me to think about things that I haven't in a while. Do I buy the presmise of the "movie", nah, not really, but some of the ideas are at least interesting and provided fuel for my imagination.

I've started reading my comics again. It's been months since I've really tried to keep up with them and I'm looking forward to digging in and clearing out the backlog. But for all my excitement over that, I find I'm not very excited about the comics themselves. I say this every now and again, but I really need to look at the comics I'm getting and weed them out. Maybe after reading the stack I have I'll be able to judge what to drop and what to keep.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2005 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon: Thanks for the earlier goodbye. I am about to enter week four of Officer Indoctrination School (I still love that name) and this is the first chance I've had to get on and check out your and Seth's sites. Hope the healthy mix diet and working out does it for you; it should. I am enjoying the Navy so far... but the training environment is quite different from the everyday.

I can tell you that it is a whole other experience to be on a Navy base when things like the London bombing happens.

I'll call and email all y'all when I'm done; unable to use my yahoo account here, and phone use is pretty restricted.

RL

PS You'll like this: the toughest group in training on our base is BY FAR the chaplain corps. They scare the hell out of everyone. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home