Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Blogcleaning

The keeneyed among you will notice that I've added and updated some of the links off to the right. The most important of which in the short-term is the link to a pdf of the Barber's Closet drink menu. Dan Seliger emailed me months ago and offered to host the document so others could gain access to it, so you should thank Dan for the work he's put in on it. Oh, and thank my co-worker James and his wife Margot for having the hardcopy, Seth for scanning it, and me for coordinating the whole thing. Or, just download it and enjoy your favorite drink from the good ol' days.

I'm writing this on Tuesday, so I only have a day left here before I hop the plane and get back to Seattle on Thursday. It seems like time's gone by really quickly, but it also feels like it's been forever since I've seen my apartment, my office, my friends, and Julia. It'll be good to get back.

I'm sure tomorrow will be filled with visiting my nephews and sisters one last time before I take off -- and getting to bed early, so I can get up at six o'clock in the morning. Groan. (That's four o'clock Seattle time.) I already boxed up my Christmas goodies and I'll send them off tomorrow, so they should arrive sometime next week.

I forgot to say anything the other day about what I thought of Robin's novel, Honour of the Grave. Overall I thought it was very good. It was very well-written and definitely captured the feel of the Warhammer universe incredibly well. I suppose that task was made easier because the story centered on a graverobber and her dishonored knight companion, but even so, it was very cool to read about a darker fantasy universe. My only real complaint about the book was that the main character's reasons for doing things were often unexplained and completely inobvious. I think the goal was to make her into a character similar to Dustin Hoffman's character in the movie Hero, but it wasn't quite clear. If you're not familiar with that movie, go watch it. It does a great job of creating an everyman who has no interest in being a hero, but he's compelled to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

Okay, maybe I'll update later if i get bored, but you may not hear from me until I'm back in Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home