Friday, December 16, 2005

Ready to Go

This week has passed very quickly. I think that's pretty normal for the days right before a big holiday, but I've also spent a lot of my free time with Julia, which seems to make time pass faster somehow.

Tuesday evening I went with her to decorate Christmas cookies at her parents' place. I'm not one of those people who puts a ton of importance on meeting someone's parents, and so, it's never a big deal for me. We had a very good time and I think things went well -- her mom was very interested in finding out as much as she could about me, so we didn't run short on topics to talk about. The whole family seemed inordinately interested in the fact that we met online, but I suppose if you met the old fashioned way that would seem pretty weird and newfangled. Anyway, it went well and I scored a few cookies in the deal.

Otherwise, work has been filled with meetings and me trying to get ahead a bit before I vacate for the holidays next week. I'm looking forward to the trip home, but it still doesn't seem like I'm leaving as soon as I am. I'm sure it will hit me this weekend. I'm already planning to have everything ready to go on Saturday. Now I just have to figure out if I'm sending anything home before I leave. I'll get it done tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow. I'd planned to take the day off in order to do some shopping, but I think I'll only manage to take a half day so that I can meet with my boss and get a few things finalized before I leave.

Oh, for lunch today we went to the newly-opened billiards room in the new part of the Bellevue mall. It's a great bar and restaurant with a ton of tables. I really liked the food I had and it will be fun to have a place to play pool. I'm sure Seth and I will hike over there on many evenings for pool and dinner. Sounds really fun, actually.

Okay, talk to you soon. Time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home