Thursday, November 24, 2005

Chugging Away

My computer is chugging away in the background as it's doing all the legwork required to download podcasts that I just subscribed to. Here's the list:

Digital Flotsam

Daily Source Code

As well as another super-secret podcast being done by a good friend. But you don't get that link unless you're one of the enlightened few.

I'm already subscribed to a number of NPR podcasts via iTunes. Speaking of which, I really need to get caught up on those.

So, how was your Thanksgiving? Mine was great. I had a relaxing morning, watched the pilot of the Profit series I picked up on DVD a while ago. Then I did some shopping and made food for the festivities over at Seth's. My cheese, broccoli, and rice casserold thingy turned out really well, as did the mashed potatoes.

The star of the dinner, however, was the mighty turducken that Seth spent the day preparing. What's turducken? Follow that link and you'll know -- and you can order one yourself. You really won't be sorry. I say that, but can I back it up? Yes, I can. Unlike the traditional turkey dinner, turducken is a combination of deboned chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey with the added bonus of some cornbread stuffing and spicy suasage in the center. The end result is a very tasty and very filling loaf of vaguely turkey-shaped meat that's easy to serve and eat. There's always a different flavor waiting for you when you take a bite. I enjoyed it quite a lot and so did everyone else at dinner. Good work, Seth!

Oh, earlier in the week I saw the fourth Harry Potter movie. This was the first one for which I hadn't read the book and I really wish I had because it was clear to me that they cut out a lot of important bits in order to cram it into the roughly two hours alotted it. Some of the missing pieces probably didn't matter, but others were so obvious that they really hurt the narrative flow and made it feel as if you were missing part of the story. Overall, it was an okay movie, but I'm disappointed in it more than anything. But hey, free movie and a couple of hours away from work, so it wasn't all bad.

For some extra fun, check out the various submissions sent to hex168, which was done to promote the new XBox 360 -- which is apparently suffering from frequent crashes and hardware problems. Bummer for the "must have" buyers.

More later.

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2005 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to the brave world of podcasting. Let me recommend BoardGameSpeak, which is available through iTunes.

Ah, Thanksgiving Day. A day of rest. A day in which we woke up to find our water heater dead and dribbling water all over the basement floor. At least it was a slow leak...

 
At November 25, 2005 7:04 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

Heh, I'll throw solid recommendations at the renaissance festival music podcast, which I listen to religiously, and Open Source Sex, which is fun in entirely different ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home