Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Was On A Roll

I was on a roll with posting last week, but then I got all distracted by a girl. Yeah, you heard me. She's a sweetie and I think I'll keep her around for a bit. Actually, It's amazing how well we get along. I'm having a good time.

Anyway, that explains my non-posting. We met last Thursday and then got together on Sunday, Monday, and tonight (Wednesday).

Besides that, I've been doing pretty well about going to the gym. I'm actually really enjoying it, but my right knee is acting up, which is a new thing. It was particularly bad over the weekend.

Saturday night was the work Christmas party. It was held at a cool, little hall on the north edge of Lake Union. The music was entertaining and although the turnout was a little low, everyone had a very good time.

Sunday a bunch of us met over at Shana's to help her load up a U-Haul and cart her things to her new place. There were nine of us, so it went very quickly. Remember the thing I mentioned about my knee? Yeah, this was the time when it acted up, so I carried a few things out of her place and then spent the rest of my time in the back of the truck organizing all the boxes and belongings that the others set on the back of the truck. And I didn't lift with my knees, so my back was achey later in the day and on Monday (but achey in a good way). It feels better now.

Tuesday I ran the last session of my Star Wars game for a while. The whole series was a bit funky to me, so I don't know exactly how I feel about it. Although disappointed comes to mind. I'd really like one of these games to click for me, but it's just not working that way for some reason. Next, we're back to Mike's Shadowrun game. I like my character for that, so it should be fun.

Okay, that's all for now.

6 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not enough Stormtroopers busting in and announcing their warrant with the immortal words, "There they are, blast them!"

 
At December 08, 2005 7:51 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Never forget the immortal advice of Mr. Prange: if it bogs down, send in the stormtroopers!

A young lady enters our hero's life, eh? Well, I guess we'll just have to get used to living in the dark, unilluminated by your wisdom and wit. I mean, we understand shifting priorities, man!

 
At December 08, 2005 10:38 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

Ooh! Ooh! I know what you do with girls! You photograph them! Right? Right?

 
At December 08, 2005 8:26 PM, Blogger Jon said...

See that's the thing, I would send in the Stormtroopers, but the game is set AFTER part VI. So the New Republic is establishing itself and the PCs are private troubleshooters that work for agents of the NR, but aren't officially affiliated. Anyway, it means the Stormtroopers aren't in such high numbers.

That said, I've taken the advice to heart and tried to introduce conflict where it makes sense. I just don't think I'm doing it well enough.

 
At December 09, 2005 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I can see how the death of the Emperor would put Stormtroopers in shorter supply. You're just left with run of the mill hoodlums, thugs, and other assorted mooks, which isn't always as exciting.

 
At December 11, 2005 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Star Wars games got a jolt of energy when I moved them out of the post-Jedi era and back into the Rebellion era. The vibe got much more desperate, the stakes got higher and the players knew they couldn't really trust anyone but themselves. lots of fun.

but nevermind that. good on the gym and on the new female companionship!

-zo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home