Sunday, November 20, 2005

What's With Me?

I mean seriously, what's with me? I'm only updating once a week now? I mean, apparently I am, but why? It's not like my life has become either that much more exciting that I don't have time to post, or that much less exciting that I have nothing to write about. Anyway, I'll try to be a bit more regular about things.

Thinking about it for a moment I think I know what the deal is; I think I've been making decisions about things in my head, but I haven't been posting about them. F'rinstance, I started eating better and going to the gym again, but I haven't said anything about it. Partially because I was pretty disgusted with how lax I've been in that area recently and partially because I'm tired of talking about it. I feel like a broken record, "I'm redidicating myself. I have to eat better. I have to eat less. I have to excersize more. I'm tired of being fat. I want to be in good shape." Blah, blah, blah. I'm tired of hearing myself talk about it, so you must be tired of it, too. So, I won't subject you to it anymore.

Other than that things have been going well. Last weekend we had a birthday thing for Shana which carried over to lunch on Tuesday and a dinner that night.

We didn't game last Tuesday, but I'm supposed to be prepared to run the next session of Star Wars on Tuesday, so I'll have to give that some thought tomorrow night.

Work is going well. I have a number of things that I have to spend time testing this week, from a card game by another company to a submission from someone else to a new game we're working on internally. The testing sessions should be interesting.

Friday night I played poker with a bunch of people from work. That was a good time even though I lost. Early in the evening I was playing more aggressively and it actually paid off pretty well, but then I loosened up and ended up losing for the next couple of hours. Ah, well. Next time I'll have to stick with tight and aggressive at the same time.

Saturday I met a friend for drinks in Bothell, then went to Katie's show at Tost (pronounced like 'toast'). She did a great job and it was great to see her, Jonny, and Guy again. They're fun. After her show we went for a late dinner at the De-Luxe on Capital Hill. Wow, was I hungry -- and salmon quesadillas are much better than they sound.

Sunday I had a hard time motivating myself (no thanks to an interesting episode of Mythbusters), but I finally managed to get to the gym. Then have an early dinner with a friend at a Wallingford pizza place I forget the name of. (It's the one right by the Guild on 45th where they serve the "dome" pizza.) It was excellent. Then I went to see Shana, since I was in the neighborhood, and she and I went to see the apartment Michael is trying to sell me on.

I should explain; Michael is a co-worker who recently moved out of his basement apartment and into the upper floors of the same house, and he'd like to rent the basement apartment to someone he knows. So, he talked to me about it and I said I'd take a look. It's a nice place, but it's too much like a college apartment for my liking. Sure, it has a lot of storage space, which would be fantastic and probably allow me to get rid of my storage unit, but it's just not my style.

Okay, enough updating for now. I'm going to go watch a movie or read my book or play some City of Heroes, I haven'd decided which will win out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home