Monday, January 02, 2006

Back in the Saddle

I managed to finish The Prodigal Sorcerer on the trip back to Seattle, so my list of last year's books was accurate. I worried when I included that book on the list that I might not make it through before the end of the year. Thank goodness for long, boring plain rides, eh? As for what I thought of the book; I liked the writing well enough, but there were a few instances of the characters just being flat-out dumb. I wouldn't recommend reading it if you're in the market for a new book to read. There's much better stuff out there.

Julia and I went to the Rosario Resort on Orcas Island on Friday and had a very nice, very relaxing time. It was great to see her again.

Saturday was Shana's New Year's Eve party, so we hung out there for the evening. It was pretty low key, but definitely a good time.

Sunday night we watched The Pirates of the Caribbean (did I spell that correctly? It's late and I don't feel like checking) DVD and tonight we watched The 40-Year-Old Virgin. Both very good and both worth picking up on DVD.

Other than that I did a lot of cleaning up, settling in, bill paying, and all that other stuff you need to take care of when you're away for a while.

Okay, time for me to rest. I have work tomorrow and I want to be ready to go. Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home