Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I suppose I should sit for a few minutes and update. Things have been good, there's just been too much going on, so I haven't had time to blog lately.

I didn't get sick like I feared I might last week. Instead I got a couple of good nights' sleep and that familiar pain in my throat went away. I almost managed to undo all my good rest with a late night of poker on Friday (up 'til 4:30), but everything turned out alright.

The poker game was in Tacoma. I maintained my streak of doing really well in the early part of the evening and then making a bad move and paying for it with most of my chips. Live and learn, right?

Saturday was Shana's housewarming, so Julia and I headed over there for most of the afternoon. There were a ton of people there over the course of the day (40? More?) and we had a good time. I'm sure it was a little overwhelming for Julia, who knew almost no one there, because it was a little much for me and I knew everyone there. The house looked great. She's done a good job of sprucing the place up and making it homey and hip. I was pretty tired (due to poker the night before and the cold I thought I was going to get), so I crashed pretty quickly after getting home.

I dropped Julia off at Shana's on Sunday again, so they could color her hair, Julia's, not Shana's. And I went home to take care of laundry, running to the game store, and watching the latest Battlestar Galactica with Seth and Chris. Then I went to pick up Julia and check out her fancy new dark auburn and pink hair. It looks great.

Monday I went with a bunch of people from work to meet with an ex-co-worker, Rick, at the Crossroads mall foodcourt. While there I picked up an adventure that my friend Will worked on. (The Sons of Gruumsh for Forgotten Realms.) That evening Julia and I had a nice relaxing evening and went to Taste of India over in the U District.

Now it's time to go. I'll try to update more frequently, but I haven't been in front of my computer as much lately, so we'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home