Thursday, January 12, 2006

Reorganizing

Monday after work Jason, Kevin, and Kim dropped off the second of the two bookcases I was taking off Kevin and Kim's hands. And Jason was super cool to give up his claim to that bookcase and spend his time carting it over here in his truck. I owe them all lunch. So, after moving some furniture around and reorganizing a bit I now have a mostly-filled bookcase in my living room -- and I was able to move things around in my room so that I can almost fit all of my gaming books on the shelves in there. Lemme tell ya, I really need to do a great purge of role-playing books. I know I have many, many games and supplements that I'll never get to play, let alone read. Now that they're organized a bit better I'll have to do that soon, but it will pain me in some cases.

Tuesday night I played in the first session of Mike's Shadowrun game. It involved a lot of bookkeeping as we wrote up a character or two and refamiliarized ourselves with our characters and the rules, but we managed to get a little bit of gaming in. Next time we should be able to dive right in.

Wednesday right after work, Julia met me at the office and we drove down to the Old Spagetti Factory for a birthday dinner with her family and her sister's in-laws. It was nice, but I prefer having Julia all to myself. She had the day off today because she has a head cold. I felt really bad for her because I hate feeling like that. Plus, I'm a little paranoid about colds because if I catch one it has a good chance of sending me to the doctor for antibiotics because of my throat issues. So, no kisses for her tonight, which was very sad. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow and we can get together.

Work is interesting. I'm not running out of things to do, but the things I need to do are taking up less and less time. Partially that's a good thing because I need to start thinking ahead about what sorts of projects we should be working on. Again, I can't talk about this too much here, but it's an interesting challenge and I've been mulling things over in the back of my head for the past few days and weeks. Hopefully something will come of it.

Next Tuesday I have to move my desk. I'm a little bummed about that. I've been sitting with the other designers forever, but now I'll be moving over with the rest of R&D, which is located in the same area as the art department. I'm sure things will be fine, but I like where I sit now -- and I have two desks, so I can spread out a bit. Ah, well. It must be done to make way for others who are moving around as well. I may have to spend some of the weekend to clean up my desk a bit and bring things home.

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home