Friday, December 15, 2006

Blow Me Down

This seems to be the year for pretty extreme weather in Seattle. (I know, I shouldn't talk about the weather, but it's been unusual.) We've had an inordinate amount of rain, some snow, some cold, and this week the heavy rains returned, then yesterday the winds picked up and apparently knocked down trees and powerlines all over the city and surrounding areas. I hear about a million people are without power. Somehow, our place is brigh and warm and connected to the world through the wonders of cable; well, fine other than the garbage cans being strewn about the yard by the wind. And now tonight they're saying we could have snow showers again. Crazy. I'm sure we'll make it through.

With the help of Julia's dad I got the washer and dryer up and running, so for the first time in a month we can do laundry in our own house. Hmm, I guess it's the first time we've ever done laundry in our own house now that I think about it. That was a big of a project because the house isn't really up to code in terms of water pressure and power outlets. Regardless, I figured everything out, didn't electricute myself even a little, and now we're all set.

After about two months or so, I made it to a new local barber shop to get a haircut, so I'll look nice and cleancut for the holidays. On top of that, I'm very happy to report that earlier this week I finally dropped below 300 lbs. for the first time since I don't know when. The closest I can remember is weighing 280 as a Freshman in college. Maybe I'll get there soon. This diet certainly appears to be working. Now I just have to watch how I eat while I'm off it for the next few weeks. No matter what, I'll be back on it in the new year. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally drop below that plateau -- and to break a landmark like 300. Very cool.

The last few days have been very busy with work. Things are going very well, but I have a lot of advertising stuff and editing to do, so my time has been filled during the day. In addition, my evenings are filled with writing for my freelance project. That's going slowly, but well. I think I see the end in sight. This weekend will be a boon to that project.

See you soon.

2 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 5:27 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Congratulations!!!!!

OK, now in your spare time (heh) take some classes and rewire the house!

Merry Christmas!

-Kevin R-R

 
At December 28, 2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jon!

RL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home