Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Computer Woes

The long delay in posting an update is mostly due to computer problems on my home computer. Plus I've been busy enough at work that I couldn't really take time to update.

Now, however, my home computer is all fixed and running smoothly, so no excuses! I still have to load a game on it and see how it runs, but I'll get a chance to do that over the next few days since I'm off for Thanksgiving. Actually, I was pretty surprised to learn that I have both Thursday and Friday off. It'll put a strain on my wallet, but it'll be nice to have some time off. I should be able to get some things done around the house, too, which will definitely be a good thing.

Okay, I suppose I should make some attempt to fill you in on what's been going on lately. I won't go into a lot of detail since it's been a week and a half since my last update, but here goes:

I received a new bulb for the TV. The big TV stopped working a while ago and I figured out how to fix it. After waiting a few days for UPS to find my address, I plugged the bulb in and the TV fired up, but there seems to now be a problem with the color. I'm still working that out, but it either requried a replacement for the bulb I just bought or another fix of some sort. Bummer.

I spent way too many nights updating my computer. Dylan really helped me out. Like really a lot. There was no way I could have figured it out on my own, but he happened to know what the issue was and exactly how to fix it. Which was great. I had many nights of frustration surrounding this supposedly simple task. The only drawback is that I forgot to save two files containing all my freelance stuff. Luckily they were only older projects, so I should have copies of almost everything in email somewhere.

This past weekend was a gem show, so I acted as Julia's beast of burden for most of Saturday and for a short trip on Sunday to pick up some things we missed the first day. It was actually pretty funny because Julia usually plans for this show ahead of time, but for some reason we missed the postcards that were sent out and only happened to hear about the show from her mom the day before. Luckily we didn't really have anything planned, so we were able to make it (a little later than usual) to the show. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these shows, do it. The tables are full of gorgeous stones, silver, and jewelry. It's very sparkly and pretty.

Gaming has been going on as normal. Last week I played In a Wicked Age on Tuesday and we made characters for a post-apocalyptic game on Sunday. That's all I'll say here. I'll update my gaming blog about both of those games soon.

Monday night we had dinner with Ethan and Shiv at a Mongolian grill near our house. It was yummy and we had a good time. By chance, I ran into Ethan again today over at Smith & Tinker. Our friend Kian, his wife, and their new baby Carrine were in town for Thanksgiving and we met up there to visit. I didn't have time to go to lunch with everyone because I had to get back to work, but it was nice to see everyone.

I still wish I could get a job there. Dang.

And that brings us to now. I'm headed over to Seth's in a few minutes to play D&D. I'll update a bit more regularyly now that my computer's up and running. Sorry for the long interruption.

And happy Thanksgiving if I don't get a chance to update tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home