Thursday, July 02, 2009

As Promised

I nearly forgot to do some writing here, but remembered at the last minute.

The wedding is only three weeks away and I leave for Seattle in only two weeks. My wo-worker, Jim, suggested a "boys' night out" and everyone thought that was a fine idea. So, we're headed out to a Brazilian steakhouse in Palo Alto named Pampas for dinner tomorrow (Friday). It will be the two of us plus a number of co-workers I've become pretty good friends with. Or, if not pretty good friends, then at least very friendly with -- and I do a lot of gaming with them. Regardless, they're good guys and I look forward to eating meat on swords with them. Plus, I've never been to Palo Alto, so I get to see a new part of the city.

Apart from that, things have been fairly low-key. I saved up money ($10 a week) for four weeks and bought a new boxed set of unpainted miniatures. I've already finished one of them and have three more to go. They're excellent for filling my time at home and painting is actually pretty enjoyable. I have to say I never thought I'd paint minis, but there you have it.

As usual, I've been watching lots of movies and TV shows, either streaming or on DVD. I worked my way through all four seasons of Doctor Who and now I'm watching Torchwood.

In the "real life" portion of things; I'm really excited to get home and spend a fair amount of time with Julia. I really miss her and although we have some decent phone conversations, but it's really not the same as being there every day. As if that even needs saying. Anyway, it's pretty hard sometimes, especially on the weekends, to be away from her. I end up feeling pretty bored and lonely on Friday nights, but I manage to keep busy enough over the course of the weekend that it doesn't bother me too much.

Sorry, I'm not actually all maudlin. I just happened to start writing about that.

Julia had her bridal shower this last weekend. Her sister threw it for her and they all had a ball. It was a mix of Julia's friends, including friends she's met through me, and family and friends from her childhood. Her sister or mom (I don't know which) suggested everyone bring a cutting of a plant from their gardens, so Julia could plant then in our garden. We both thought that was a great idea! In addition to the plants, Julia received all sorts of fantastic gifts. She loved every single one and felt very loved. I really wish I could have been the proverbial fly on the wall.

Time for me to make some dinner and get home to watch more Torchwood or play some Magic: The Gathering on Xbox Live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home