Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ready to Go

The past few days have been good. I've been busy at work trying to make my missions perfect so they can be sent to testing. I have a few of them done, but I have many more to do tomorrow and then when I return from Seattle in a couple of weeks.

I've been needed a break, so this weekend, instead of going to work on Saturday like usual, I stayed home and just did whatever came to mind. It was nice and I can't really say I have anything to show for it, but that was sort of the point. I filled my time with playing a bit of a game called Torchlight, cleaning my room, getting things packed up for my trip home tomorrow (Monday), running to the mall, and reading a large portion of Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five. I may actually finish that tonight. I'll go back to reading it as soon as I'm done writing this.

This past week I sent a box of things off to my mom and she said she'd already received both my box and the box Julia sent. I wish I could be there with them for the holiday. It's been too long since I've been back for Christmas. Maybe next year. Mom said she's sent four packages, but so far Julia's only received two of them. Maybe there'll be more delivered tomorrow.

I take off tomorrow in the late afternoon and arrive in the evening. I'm sure it'll be busy at the airport, but I'm also sure it'll be better than if I were traveling a day or two later!

When I get back I'll be spending much of my time taking care of my girl after she gets some work done on her foot. I'm sure she'll need to sleep quite a bit, so I'm brining some books I want to read back with me. I'll be able to pass the time quietly and either sit with her in bed or downstairs, whichever she prefers.

I'm looking forward to being home. I miss that girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home