Friday, May 31, 2002

I receive the RealAge update every day, and today's worried me a bit:

What are you doing this weekend? If you put making new friends at the top of your list, it just might help you live a longer life.
In one study, socially isolated men had an 82% higher risk of dying from heart disease compared to men with large networks of social support. Expand your social circle this weekend by joining a volunteer or recreational group in your community, or by reconnecting with an old pal.


I think I fall into that "socially isolated men" category too damn well. Damnit! I guess I have to try and meet some people.

I have an amazingly large amount of freetime now and it's disturbing (I think I've said this before). Last night after finishing watching the commentary track on Training Day I even went for a nice, long walk. I'm trying to increase the amount of activity I'm getting in order to get through this immense plateau I've reached.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home