Sunday, July 21, 2002

I just finished an article for the next issue of the magazine. I like it and I really have to make time to work on more articles for future issues. I ran late on this issue and then wasn't in the mood to do any writing for a few days. Regardless, I like what I came up with and think it'll be useful to people, so that's all I can ask. I spent all day at work getting it finished, but I knew that tomorrow (Sunday) I'd be unable to get much done. But that's a good thing because I get to go to the company picnic to relax and have some fun -- and get some sun. I can't even tell you how excited I am to get outside and do something fun. I've worked most of the summer away and I'm just starting to realize it.

I'm thinking of having some sort of get-together for my birthday. I'm not sure if I'll invite people over or if I'll invite people to join me out somewhere. I have a few days 'till I really have to decide, so it's no big rush, though.

More funky news tonight. This time from a friend back in Madison. I'm not going to talk about it here, but it's a big thing and I worry for her. Anyway, I'm here if she needs me.

I borrowed a car from a couple at work (thanks) while mine's in the shop. Which means this morning I was able to go to the gym and run a couple errands. I finally finished the trip that sent my car into hysterics last week. So I've returned from Target with new socks, steak knives, and a cutting board! Woohoo! On the way there we (Matt from work went with me) stopped by the game store and I picked up the 2nd edition of Unknown Armies. What a cool setting.

I don't get angry very often. But I was this week. And all of it over a friend I thought I had. I've talked to a number of you about this and I just wanted to thank you for the time. It's great that we can talk the way we do despite the fact that I haven't seen most of you in almost eight months. This whole thing with the woman at work still bothers me, but I'm moving through anger now and into disappointed acceptance (with flashes of anger). Thanks for helping me through it. I'm going to talk to her this week and let her know that I think what she did was...bad. I have to do this while I'm still angry, though, because I want her to know how upset I am. She really hurt me. And the best thing is; she thinks it's because I wanted to date her. I don't and didn't. I just thought we were friends, but with the way she treated me, well, it was just cruel.

Enough of that. This was a pretty good day overall and I'm really looking forward to a relaxing Sunday. I think this is the first day off I've had in months.

Scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home