Saturday, November 30, 2002

This week has been good. It was a nice, short work week followed by Thanksgiving and some nice, lazy days off. My boss was gone last week and a couple of co-worker issues came up that I'll have to discuss with him when we both return to work on Monday. Nothing major, but one could turn into something big if it's not nipped now.

I spend Turkey Day at Heather's house with her family and some family friends. There were a total of seven other people, so a decent size for socializing. Dinner was very good and everyone had a good time talking. After dinner we played Scruples (yawn) and Trivial Pursuit that I'd picked up the day before. I won both, which was fun. (So, Seth, I never have to play them again. Just to stay consistent.) I didn't leave until about 10:30 and then had to go to perform my cat-sitting duties for another co-worker.

Friday was a very lazy day because I didn't get to bed until 2:00AM the night before, I didn't wake up until about 10:00AM. Then I read some comics (for work believe it or not) and watched some of the Babylon 5 DVD someone lent me. Then it was time for the gym. That evening I went to see a movie with an ex-co-worker and some of his friends from Wizards of the Coast. We saw Treasure Planet, which was...okay, but not quite good. Then I ran into the city to take care of the cats again.

Saturday I was up at 10:00AM because I didn't go to bed until 2:00AM again. I really wish I didn't have to sleep. What a waste of time. Anyway, a short while after getting up, Brian called from Tampa and we talked for a while. It looks like he won't be able to go to Las Vegas as he'd hoped over New Year's, so we're going to try to get together sometime in the next few months. It's kind of a pain to be friends with someone who's an entire continent away -- but I guess it gives me an excuse to travel. After we talked I headed to the gym and when I got back I talked to Seth while he made the trek from Minnesota back to Madison. Now I'm at work.

Oh, I should also mention that during everything I read, um, 58 comics. All for work. That eats up a lot of time. I wouldn't mind if all of them were good, but a pretty high percentage were. I still have more to read, but not many.

I'm trying to decide what to do this evening, but I have to run over to take care of the cats again, so it seems unlikely that I'll be able to catch a movie since it's already ten to nine.

I've been pretty good about getting to the gym lately, and I've even been lifting, which is a very good thing. Since the whole weight-loss thing hasn't been going as well as I'd like I've added ten minutes to my cardio workout in an attempt to kick my metabolism up a bit. What I really need to do now is cut back on food a little, but I have to be careful about that. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by changing things in an unhealthy way. I'll let you know how it goes.

See you later in the week. I hope I have time to update more regularly. That's been bugging me lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home