Friday, January 31, 2003

The week has flown by again. But I'm happy to report that it's not entirely because of work. Sure, I've spent a fair amount of time here this week, but I've been pretty busy otherwise as well. Monday participated in a playtest of a game some friends are working on. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to what they do with the system. They have a lot of room for development, but I think keeping it simple is the way they want to go. At least, that's my take on how they felt.

Tuesday night I ran the first Academy game set in Cape City and using the Mutants & Masterminds system. Very little happened, but all the characters were introduced and they managed to get themselves into some interesting spots that will definitely come back to haunt them.

Wednesday I went to an early dinner with Kim, Kevin, and Matt at a nearby Mongolian Bar-B-Que. Then I went to the gym and signed up for four sessions with a personal trainer. I've mentioned that I was thinking about it and I finally decided to do it. The four sessions run just over $200, but I haven't made any progress in about a year and a half, so I'm hoping Cathy (that's the trainer's name) will be able to give me some good pointers. She has a good track record; one of her clients has lost 100lbs in the last 8 months! Dang. I don't expect something so radical, but if she can get those results for a 50-something woman who's never lifted a weight in her life...well, I'm willing to listen to her and invest some money. Honestly, if I thought I could be to my goal weight in the next year by working out with her, I'd be tempted to fork over some serious money. I can't even tell you how excited I'd be for that. Anyway, I did that Wednesday night and my first meeting with her is Monday night.

Today is Thursday and I stayed at work all night, apart from a visit to the local sushi place with Kevin and Kim. I needed to write some rules this week and I've managed to get one whole set finished tonight. That's a very good thing, since most of my days are filled with lots of emergencies and busy work that gets in the way of my actual work. Not really complaining, but it means a lot of my real work has to get done while no one else is around.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to the gym, but one of the sculptors was talking about going out. I'll find out more tomorrow.

This past week I've even found time to watch my new Spider-Man DVD, including one of the commentary tracks and part of the other. I may finish that one when I get home tonight. Next I'll watch The Fellowship of the Ring DVD. That should keep me occupied for a while.

I'd like to get out and see some movies soon. There're a bunch out right now that I'd like to see. Maybe this weekend I'll sneak out to one. Oh, Sunday I have plans to go to the Experience Music Project. I'm pretty excited about that. I've wanted to go there since I moved here.

Anything else new? Um, I talked to Stephanie from Madison, and she's thinking of moving out here. I did some asking around here at work to see if there are any jobs for her. I have a couple leads that I've passed on. It would be odd if she moved here...and then if Dr. Chris moved out here too...maybe followed by some other friends if I could be so lucky.

Anyway, it's all wishful thinking now. I gotta go get some sleep.

Oh, thanks for everyone for returning after the holidays; my numbers are way up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home